Leeds Festival: Fans ready for action on first day
Page last updated at 16:18 GMT, Friday, 24 August 2012 17:18 UK
- Helena Pearse, 21, from Birmingham, Caitlin Smith, 20, from Leeds, and Dominique Jones, 20, from Lincolnshire: "It's my first festival, so I'm quite excited," admits Dominique. "They're introducing me to everything. We'll see Foo Fighters later on which will be quite good fun."
- Chris Houghton and Daniel Banks, both 21 and from Manchester: "I'm really enjoying the weather because it was meant to be raining. I want to see the Maccabees," says Chris.
- Camilla Lader, 32, from Manchester and Hayley Walker, 26, from near Wigan: "We only came today," says Helen. "We got a day ticket. We're heading up to the main stage, and the sun's come out. We're here for Foo Fighters."
- Aimee-Jade Tiffin-Mcguirk, Rebecca Hamilton and Ella Worthy, all 17 and from Preston: "We've been here since Wednesday so we're feeling a bit grim," says Ella. "We went to see Rudimental last night. He was really good. I want to see Maccabees and Florence + the Machine."
- Tom Howarth, Steven Taylor and Rees Parkinson, all 21 and from Chorley: "The weather's nicer than we expected," says Tom. "We brought wellies but we don't really need them. I'm here to see the Foo Fighters, Feeder, The Cure. We've come for a full camping weekend. The camping's cool, it's like another world."
- Rochelle Fairhorst, 20, Dec Norris, 21, Lauren Rimmer, 20, and Nathan Dunfom, 21, all from Chorley: "I want to see Black Keys," says Dec. "The camping's in a good location, unless it rains." "We're loving it," says Rochelle. "We went for a wander last night. It's all good."
- Carmen Luu, Will Roberts, Beth Arbicle, Richard Major and Julia Craggs, all 16 and from Leeds: "I'm here to see Kasabian," says Richard. "We're going to see Two Door Cinema Club later." "We went to the silent disco last night, that was fun," adds Julia.