Star Wars, Superman and X-Men costumes to be auctioned
Page last updated at 08:47 GMT, Friday, 20 July 2012 09:47 UK
- Peter Mayhew's original Chewbacca head from the 1977 Star Wars film is one of many items of movie memorabilia which is on show in LA. It's being auctioned at Profiles In History in downtown Los Angeles from next week.
- This is the costume worn by Christopher Reeve in Superman: The Movie from 1978. It's estimate is between $60,000-80,000 (£38,000-51,000).
- The clothes worn by Jor-El, who was Superman's father and was played by Marlon Brando in the original film, is also expected to sell for up to $80,000 (£51,000).
- The Kryptonite crystals used in Superman III are expected to fetch around $8,000 (£5,000). They were made in the movie by Gus (Richard Pryor) who works for evil Ross Webster to destroy Superman.
- Wolverine's black leather battlesuit from the film X-Men is also up for grabs. It was worn by Hugh Jackman in the 2000 movie and has an estimate price of between $30,000-50,000 (£10,000-31,000).
- This Magneto costume worn by Ian McKellen in X-Men is for sale. In the 2000 film, McKellen's mutant character disagrees with Patrick Stewart's Professor Xavier over the future of their relationship with humans.
- Gene Wilder wore this outfit playing Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory from 1971. The collection will take nearly two years and several auctions for all of the items to be sold off.
- Also being auctioned are the first edition book of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory from 1964 and a Golden Egg from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The egg is 12 inches long (30cm), made of polystyrene and painted gold.
- Ron Burgundy's costume, as worn by Will Ferrell in 2004's The Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, has a guide price of between $2,000-3,000 (£1,270-1,900).
- The grail tablet from 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is 19.5 inches long (50cm) and will go for up to $30,000 (£10,000).
- The Austin Powers suit worn by Mike Myers in 2002's Goldmember has a guide price of up to $8,000 (£5,000).
- Johnny Depp wore this costume in Edward Scissorhands back in 1990. It's expected to go for up to $80,000 (£51,000).