New Batman film The Dark Knight Rises has UK premiere
Page last updated at 09:19 GMT, Thursday, 19 July 2012 10:19 UK
- Prince Harry gave Batman the royal seal of approval at the European premiere of The Dark Knight Rises in London. Harry smiled at photographers as he arrived at the film's second premiere at the BFI Imax in Waterloo.
- Anne Hathaway lived up to her reputation as Hollywood's golden girl in a gold floor-length Gucci gown. The 29-year-old star plays Selina Kyle and alter-ego Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's third and final instalment.
- Christian Bale, who reprises his role as Bruce Wayne and Batman for the third and last time, also attended the star-studded premieres. He was at the London events with his wife Sandra.
- Marion Cotillard wore Dior Couture at last night's two premieres at the Odeon cinema in London's Leicester Square and the BFI Imax. Cillian Murphy is Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow again and Morgan Freeman plays Lucius Fox.
- Tom Hardy plays Bane in the film. He was there with his actress girlfriend Charlotte Riley. He said he enjoyed playing an evil character: "It was so fun. I'm looking forward to doing something even worse."
- Christopher Nolan was at the premiere with producer Emma Thomas. He said Christian Bale made the perfect Batman: "He has incredible dedication and focus, just like Bruce Wayne has."
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt said he loved working with Christopher Nolan: "I love his movies. I've loved his movies since Memento and I had such a great time doing Inception with him and it's just I'm very lucky."
- The Dark Knight Rises follows Batman as he emerges from exile to take on Bane, a terrorist with plans to destroy Gotham City. The third film in this trilogy takes place eight years after The Dark Knight.
- The batmobile also made an appearance at the premiere in Leicester Square. The Dark Knight Rises, which also stars Sir Michael Caine and Gary Oldman, opens in cinemas tomorrow (20 July).
- A host of celebrities turned up to the two premieres. Dakota Blue Richards from Golden Compass and Skins was joined by Blake Harrison and Emily Atack - Neil and Charlotte from The Inbetweeners.
- Peaches Geldof was there with fiance Thomas Cohen. They had their first child in April. Ortise from JLS also attended. Rose Leslie, wildling Ygritte in Game of Thrones, also had her partner on hand.
- Tom, Siva and Nathan from The Wanted were also at a rain-affected premiere in Leicester Square and were talking about Ortise's gold coat. Siva (centre) joked: "I used to have a jacket like that. Then my mum got a job."
- Cheska Hull from Made In Chelsea, Sherlock actor Benedict Cumberbatch and Radio 1 DJ Gemma Cairney also turned out with the likes of Guy Ritchie, Dionne Bromfield and Mark Wright from The Only Way Is Essex.