N-Dubz Tulisa ex-boyfriend 'admits posting video'
- 9 July 2012
- From the section Entertainment
The ex-boyfriend of X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has admitted publishing a sex tape of the couple, a High Court judge has heard.
During a hearing in London, the star's barrister told Mr Justice Tugendhat that Justin Edwards had confessed.
"Mr Edwards has admitted responsibility for publication of the video, apologised for it and promised not to do it again," Jacob Dean said.
Mr Edwards had previously denied posting the video.
A statement will be read out in court on Thursday (12 July) by Ms Contostavlos' solicitor Jonathan Coad, who will give details of the settlement of her claim against Mr Edwards.
Talking to Newsbeat at last weekend's Wireless Festival in London's Hyde Park, the N-Dubz singer said she is "fully over it".
The singer and Mr Edwards had been in a relationship in their teens which ended in 2009.
Tulisa launched legal action against Mr Edwards and others when the footage was leaked online in March.
Her case against a number of other defendants over their alleged involvement in the distribution of the tape will continue.
She won a High Court order in March banning any publication of footage showing her "engaged in a sexual act".
The X Factor judge, who mentored last year's winning act Little Mix, commented by posting a video on YouTube.
"When you share an intimate moment with someone that you love, you care about and you trust, you never imagine for one minute that that footage may at any point be shared with the rest of the UK or the rest of the people around the world," the 23-year-old said at the time.