In pictures: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes settle divorce
Page last updated at 10:05 GMT, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 11:05 UK
- Katie Holmes leaves her lawyer's office in New York. It's been announced that the terms of her divorce from Tom Cruise have been agreed, less than two weeks after the pair revealed they were to split. Exactly who's getting what is unclear though: "We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents," said a joint statement.
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes pictured in their official wedding photo. They got married at Castello Odescalchi on 18 November 2006 in Bracciano, near Rome. Cruise's people say that Katie filed for divorce. "Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children," said the star's spokesperson when the news first came out.
- Tom Cruise kisses his then fiancée Katie Holmes as they visit Marseilles, France, in June 2005. He was in the country to promote Steven Spielberg film War of the Worlds and proposed to the Dawson's Creek actress while they were at the Eiffel Tower.
- Tom Cruise and actress Katie Holmes at the UK premiere of War Of The Worlds in London's Leicester Square in June 2005. Katie's attorney Jonathan Wolfe said in a statement: 'Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."
- At the Los Angeles premiere of Mission Impossible 3 in 2006 the couple made their first public appearance after Katie gave birth to their daughter Suri.
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes with their daughter Suri leaving their hotel in Rome a few days before their wedding.
- Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Victoria and David Beckham, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith pose for photographers at a private party. It was held for the Beckhams at LA's Museum of Contemporary Art in July 2007.