In pictures: Angry Birds theme park opens in Finland
Page last updated at 05:19 GMT, Thursday, 3 May 2012 06:19 UK
- The world's first official Angry Birds-themed activity park has opened in Finland. Angry Birds Land at Särkänniemi Adventure Park includes 12 theme park rides, activity areas and restaurants.
- An unauthorised Angry Birds theme park opened in China last year, but Finland has the first official one. It's been designed with Rovio, the creator of the mobile phone game, and playground equipment specialist Lappset Group.
- The UK is also set to get an Angry Birds Land as the themed-activity parks are launched around the world. This photo shows Majakka, lighthouse in English, which is one of two new rides on the site in Finland.
- This adventure course is in the middle of Angry Birds Land at Särkänniemi. Its creators say the park includes small details from the game, which has been downloaded more than 500 million times since it was released in 2009.
- Visitors will be able to play the game and get "exclusive" downloads as well as meet the characters from the app at a programme of special shows. The park's creators hope it will encourage fans to do more physical exercise.
- The park will feature a themed shop and restaurants. Angry Birds is the most popular paid-for mobile app of all time and Särkänniemi’s boss Miikka Seppälä said they were "proud" to host the activity area.