In Pictures: Controversial goal-line decisions

16 April 2012 Last updated at 11:59

As debate goes on over Chelsea's FA Cup goal check out some other controversial goal-line decisions.
Juan Mata's controversial goal
Juan Mata scored a controversial goal for Chelsea in the Blues 5-1 win over Tottenham in the FA Cup semi-final. TV replays seem to show the ball didn't cross the line and Spurs boss Harry Redknapp claims the referee admitted he got it wrong. It's re-started the call by some for goal-line technology to be brought in as soon as possible. A final decision by Fifa and others on whether to bring it in will be made in July.
Clint Hill's disallowed goal
Chelsea's goal isn't the only one this season where there's been argument over whether the ball crossed the line. QPR's Clint Hill headed in against Bolton in March, only for keeper Adam Bogdan to palm it on to the underside of the crossbar. The goal was disallowed and Bolton went on to win 2-1.
Geoff Hurst's goal in 1966 World Cup Final
England have also scored a famous and disputed goal. It came in the 1966 World Cup Final when Geoff Hurst scored a third on his way to a hat-trick and England's 4-2 win. The ball hit the underside of the crossbar and bounced on the line. The Russian linesman indicated to the ref that it had crossed the line and the goal was given.
Manuel Neuer dives to save Lampard's shot
If England benefited from a favourable decision in 1966, the boot was definitely on the other foot in 2010. Frank Lampard's 35-yard free kick hit the underside of the crossbar and clearly crossed the line in the game against Germany - but the referee didn't give the goal. It would have levelled the scores at 2-2. England were well beaten 4-1 in the end but some were left wondering what if?
Pedro Mendes, Robbie Keane, Roy Carroll
One of the most famous disallowed goal line decisions is this one from January 2005. Tottenham's Pedro Mendes hit a lobbed shot from just inside the halfway line against Manchester United. Replays showed the ball was several yards across the line before keeper Roy Carroll quickly scooped it out. The referee was a long way from the goal line when the shot was struck and the game ended 0-0.