Billionaire's super yacht controlled by tablet computer
Page last updated at 05:59 GMT, Friday, 13 April 2012 06:59 UK
- The Adastra super yacht was designed using space age technology to be highly luxurious but to have low fuel consumption. Her range is 4,000 nautical miles, which is enough for a trip from the UK to New York without refuelling.
- Created by Sussex-based designer John Shuttleworth, the yacht is 42.5 metres long, 16 metres wide and weighs 52 tons. It took five years to build in China.
- It is so high tech it can be operated using a tablet computer within a 50-metre range. Accommodation is for nine guests and six crew members.
- A forward facing door opens out to a large sun bed on deck. There is a panoramic view while the open cockpit has sofas on both sides. There is also a garage door that opens out to become a diving platform.
- The yacht is powered by one 1,150 horsepower engine and has two further 110 horsepower engines. It has a top speed of 22.5 knots (about 26 miles per hour).
- The yacht is owned by Hong Kong-based shipping millionaire Anto Marden, who will be able to use the boat to travel between the two islands he already owns off the coast of Indonesia.