Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wins Elle Style Icon Award
Page last updated at 11:03 GMT, Tuesday, 14 February 2012
- Model and actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has been named the year's top style icon at the Elle Style Awards. The 24-year-old Transformers star accepted the prize from actor Cuba Gooding, Jr. at a ceremony in London.
- Sarah Burton, who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress, was recognised as international designer of the year. Jonathan Saunders (right) won best British designer while Nicholas Kirkwood (left) won the accessory prize.
- Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine was there to pick up her best music act award. Dizzee Rascal talked about writing new material and touring Australia. Alexa Chung hosted the magazine's 15th annual style awards.
- Christina Hendricks from Mad Men won best TV star while Burberry model Eddie Redmayne picked up the best actor award. British supermodel Naomi Campbell was also at the event at London's Savoy Hotel.
- Isabeli Fontana picked up the best model award. The best actress award went to Oscar-nominated Michelle Williams for her part in My Week With Marilyn.
- Poppy Delavigne presented contemporary brand of the year to Acne. The ceremony featured performances by Brit Award winner Emeli Sandé with Professor Green.
- Gillian Anderson presented Jordan Askill with the prize for jewellery designer of the year. Other guests included Hollywood actress Christina Ricci and actor Paul Sculfor.
- The Help actress Jessica Chastain got the Next future icon gong from actor Rufus Sewell, who has appeared in The Pillars of the Earth and The Legend of Zorro.
- Downton Abbey won best TV show. The cast of the show were presented with the award by Slumdog Millionaire star Anil Kapoor.
- Mary Katrantzou (centre) won the young designer of the year. She was photographed with Elle fashion director Anne-Marie Curtis (right) and Brazilian model Emanuela De Paula.