Rihanna, Jessie J, N-Dubz, Bruno Mars rock V festival
Page last updated at 08:13 GMT, Monday, 22 August 2011 09:13 UK
- Rihanna warmed up the crowds in Staffordshire and Essex for headliner Eminem - she also joined the rapper during his set for a performance of their collaboration Love The Way You Lie.
- Tulisa from N-Dubz returned to her day job after making her debut as a new judge on The X Factor this weekend. She performed on Saturday afternoon hours before the ITV1 show attracted more than 10 million viewers.
- Jessie J performed with her left foot still in a cast after she injured herself falling off a stage earlier this summer. The London singer was carried off stage by a security guard after completing her set.
- One hundred and twenty thousand festival-goers enjoyed spells of sunshine across the weekend which saw hundreds of bands across four main stages.
- Eminem made a rare UK live appearance by headlining Staffordshire (Saturday) and Essex (Sunday). He played nearly 30 songs in a rapid-fire set which included tracks like Stan and Not Afraid.
- Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner modelled a new haircut during his band's headline slots. The Sheffield group, playing at V Festival for the first time, played a set which mixed old tracks with cuts from their latest album Suck It And See.
- Ellie Goulding, who has spent much of the summer promoting her debut album in the States, returned to the UK to play a triumphant set which included her singles Starry Eyed and Guns And Horses.
- Bruno Mars topped off a successful year so far by performing on the Virgin media main stage. Grenade, Just The Way You Are and The Lazy Song were just a few of the tracks which saw the crowd go wild.
- Tinie Tempah, sporting a Dizzee Rascal T-shirt, drew a huge crowd at the second stage. After a stint in America the London rapper will play a full UK tour later this year.
- The Saturdays also performed in Essex and Staffordshire over the two days of the festival.