Inbetweeners cast step out for UK premiere of new film
Page last updated at 07:00 GMT, Wednesday, 17 August 2011 08:00 UK
- James Buckley, Simon Bird, Joe Thomas and Blake Harrison turned out for the premiere of their new film, The Inbetweeners Movie. Hundreds of fans waited for hours in London's Leicester Square to catch a glimpse of the stars.
- The rest of the cast - including Emily Atack (Charlotte), Emily Head (Carli) and Hannah Tointon (Tara) - were also at the red carpet event. The film is based on the award-winning E4 show, which has had 18 episodes over three series.
- Laura Haddock, Lydia Rose Bewley, Tamla Kari and Jessica Knappett - Alison, Jane, Lucy and Lisa - play new characters. The film was directed by Ben Palmer and written by series creators Damon Beesley and Iain Morris.
- Martin Trenaman (who plays Will's dad) and Greg Davies (who plays the boys' headmaster Mr Gilbert) also walked the red carpet at the premiere. Mr Gilbert makes a surprise appearance as the boys go on holiday to Malia on Crete.
- Comedian Jimmy Carr and girlfriend Karoline Copping watched the film at the premiere. Simon Bird, who plays Will McKenzie, said he didn't expect so many fans to cheer them on: "It feels surreal. We didn't expect anyone to be here."
- Bedlam actor Theo James, Jesse Metcalfe of Desperate Housewives fame and rapper Mike Skinner were all on the red carpet. Simon Bird says there's plenty of stripping off in the new film: "There's a bit of nakedness from all of us."
- Saturdays singer Una Healy was there with England rugby player boyfriend Ben Foden. James Buckley, who plays Jay Cartwright, says he employed a body double: "I was too toned and ripped, so we had to swap."
- Comedian Leigh Francis pulled his trousers down on the red carpet to reveal some fetching denim shorts. Joe Thomas, who plays Simon Cooper, wasn't taking any chances: "I've got industrial strength trousers to begin with."
- Blue singer Simon Webbe was at the premiere with glamour model girlfriend Maria Kouka. Following the success of the series, The Inbetweeners has been picked up by BBC America and there are plans for a US television remake.
- Laura Haddock, Jessica Knappett, Blake Harrison, Simon Bird, James Buckley, Joe Thomas, Tamla Kari and Lydia Rose Bewley pose for pictures before the showing of film. The Inbetweeners Movie opens in the UK on 17 August.