Robert Pattinson attends Water For Elephants premiere
Page last updated at 06:24 GMT, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 07:24 UK
- Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson have walked the red carpet at London's Westfield shopping centre for the UK premiere of their new film, Water For Elephants. Set in the 1930s, the movie is a love story set in a travelling circus.
- Twilight actor Robert Pattinson plays a vet who runs away with the circus and falls in love with a performer, played by Reese Witherspoon. She is married to the brutal ringmaster, played by Christoph Waltz from Inglourious Basterds.
- Reese Witherspoon said she didn't mind working with animals during filming: "I went to circus school for two months and then I trained on the elephant for two months and just got to know her."
- Robert Pattinson, 24, admitted he was overwhelmed as thousands of fans who had queued for 13 hours screamed as he arrived. He said: "It's weird, but it can be fun. I used to go shopping in this place and now it's crazy."
- Marvin Humes from JLS and girlfriend Rochelle Wiseman, from The Saturdays, were among a host of celebrities who turned out to watch the film. The movie, based on Sara Gruen's book, is released in cinemas today (4 May).
- Former Hollyoaks and Bill actress Ali Bastian was joined by celebrity hairdresser Sinead Kelly.
- Zoe Salmon wore a multi-coloured floral number to the premiere.
- Belle Amie, from last year's X Factor, turned up to the premiere. They tweeted to say, "OMG the film was AMAAaaazing R-Patz is one hot piece of....! And Reece was RIGHT behind us on the red carpet Argh 'girl scream!'"
- TV personality Hofit Golan also put in an appearance at the Water For Elephants premiere. The film was directed by Francis Lawrence, who's best known for music videos but also directed I Am Legend.
- Another The Only Way Is Essex actress, Jessica Wright, also turned up to the premiere. Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson last appeared together in 2004's Vanity Fair, although the scene was originally deleted.