Blink-182 pull UK tour and festival shows
- 19 April 2011
- From the section Music
Blink-182 have postponed their forthcoming UK summer tour, plus headline festival slots at T In The Park and Oxegen.
The punk-pop trio were due to play a run of arena gigs starting at Birmingham NIA on 1 July.
They have rescheduled the gigs to take place in summer 2012.
In a statement on their website the group said it was because writing the band's new album was "taking longer than we thought".
They added that the album, which was expected to be released to coincide with their summer gigs, "won't be out til later this year".
The statement went on: "We hoped we would have some new songs to play rather than do another 'greatest hits tour' which you all saw last summer.
"The three of us are working very hard to do what we set out to do when we re-formed, get a new Blink-182 album recorded."
Alongside the new dates for the gigs, the band have also announced new shows in Dublin, Belfast and Glasgow.
Speaking to Newsbeat in November 2010 bass player Mark Hoppus said the band were using the UK gigs as a target to have their new album completed.
At the time he said they were working on "10 songs right now" with three or four finished.
"We're starting the next chapter with new music," he said.
"The album is both stepping forward and I also see it as reminiscent of songs we've written in the past. It'll have a wider spectrum than on any other Blink album."
Meanwhile, T In The Park have announced a host of new additions to their line-up including Peter Doherty, Mona and Slash.
The new Blink-182 dates are:
- Birmingham NIA (June 7 2012 - moved from July 1 2011)
- London O2 Arena (June 8, 9 2012 - moved from July 18, 19)
- Dublin O2 Arena (New date - June 12 2012)
- Belfast Odyssey Arena (New date - June 13 2012)
- Manchester Evening News Arena (June 15 2012 - moved from July 8 2011)
- Birmingham LG Arena (June 16 2012 - moved from July 15 2011)
- Sheffield Motorpoint Arena (June 17 2012 - moved from July 7 2012)
- Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (June 19 2012 - moved from July 12 2011)
- Glasgow S.E.C.C (New date - June 20 2012)
- Cardiff Motorpoint Arena (July 10 2012 - moved from July 16 2011)
- Nottingham Capital FM Arena (July 11 2012 - moved from July 13 2011)
- Liverpool Echo Arena (July 12 2012 - moved from July 4 2011)