Twilight wins 12 prizes at Teen Choice Awards
Page last updated at 09:06 GMT, Monday, 9 August 2010 10:06 UK
- Robert Pattinson turned out at this year's Teen Choice Awards with Twilight racking up 12 prizes. The vampire film series won best movie, best villain and best liplock for his snog with Kristen Stewart in New Moon.
- Taylor Lautner picked up an award, the Teen Choice surfboard, in the movie fantasy category for his role as Jacob Black in Twilight. He was also voted top male hottie and best smile. The film also picked up the prize for best fantasy movie.
- David Beckham also turned out at the annual ceremony in Hollywood with his five-year-old son Cruz in tow. Becks was voted the best male athlete with US tennis star Serena Williams picking up the best female award.
- Megan Fox was there to pick up her awards for best horror/thriller movie actress in Jennifer’s Body and female hottie. Leonardo DiCaprio won the same actor's prize for Shutter Island. There are 106 award categories in total.
- Chace Crawford and Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl were on hand to pick up four awards for the American TV show. The teen drama, now in its fourth series, won best drama, drama actor and drama actress.
- Mark Salling and Cory Monteith from Glee appeared on stage with this year's host Katy Perry. The singer relived her school days dressing up as a cheerleader, geek and goth. She won best single and summer song for California Gurls.
- High School Musical star Zac Efron helped Katy Perry present parts of the show, recorded for the Fox TV network in America. He showed up sporting a moustache and blue nail varnish on two of his fingers.
- Sandra Bullock picked up the movie actress in a drama surfboard trophy for her role in The Blind Side. After thanking the crowd she performed a hip hop dance-off with her Proposal co-star Betty White.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Heroes actress Kristen Bell turned up wearing a red Stella McCartney dress. She was there as narrator of TV show Gossip Girl, which won four awards. 85 million votes were cast online this year.
- Hilary Duff also picked up an award for her role in Gossip Girl, winning the female scene stealer prize. Glee picked up three awards with Simon Cowell's final appearance on American Idol winning best reality competition show.
- Twilight actors Alex Meraz (werewolf Paul) and Ashley Greene (vampire Alice Cullen) were also at the awards. Greene picked up the female scene stealer prize in the film category. Their former co-star Rachelle Lefevre won best villain.
- Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley's show The Vampire Diaries won seven awards at the ceremony in LA including fantasy/sci-fi show with Dobrev and Wesley picking up best actor and actress in that category.