James Cameron to direct Black Eyed Peas 3D movie
- 2 July 2010
- From the section Music
Avatar director James Cameron will make a 3D tour documentary with Black Eyed Peas, according to will.i.am.
The singer says the film will be shot in South America, and is scheduled for release in 2011.
Speaking to Vibe magazine he said: "We have the biggest director, because we are the biggest group on the planet.
"People will be able to see us in the theatre with the 3D glasses and everything."
Further details of the documentary remain under wraps but will.i.am said that along with footage of the band playing live, the film will have a "dope" storyline, devised by Cameron.
Currently midway through their The E.N.D world tour, the foursome have shows scheduled in Europe, Canada and north America.
Last month Black Eyed Peas reached the digital landmark of being the first artists to sell a million downloaded singles in the UK with their track I Gotta Feeling.
As for James Cameron, Avatar is the fastest film ever to reach $1 billion (£625.6 million) in ticket sales following its release in December 2009.
- Fans miss out on top stars at Twilight's UK premiere
- Black Eyed Peas set downloads record
- Avatar 'could be a trilogy' says film director James Cameron
- Kings Of Leon hit digital album sales landmark
- Digital Economy Bill explained
- Concert promoters pilot 'smart-chip' digital tickets
- Kate Nash calls for chart rethink
- Official midweek 'chart update' starts on Radio 1
- 'Downloading has cheapened music'