Twilight fans camp for Eclipse world premiere in LA
Page last updated at 09:23 GMT, Tuesday, 22 June 2010 10:23 UK
- Fans of the Twilight vampire saga have started camping for a chance to meet the stars of the films three days before the world premiere of Eclipse. The Twi-Hards have set up dozens of tents in LA's Nokia Plaza.
- Katherine Ramirez is waiting for her chance to meet her hero, Robert Pattinson. The British actor plays Edward Cullen in the Twilight films and will be at the premiere with Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner on 24 June.
- Some fans have put up cardboard cut-outs of their favourite characters around their tents. Eclipse is the third of Stephenie Meyer's novels to be made into a Hollywood film. The final book will be split in two parts.
- Many fans have chosen to be part of Team Edward (vampire Edward Cullen) or Team Jacob (werewolf Jacob Black) as both try to win the heart of US high school student Bella Swan in Twilight.
- Thirteen-year-old Rachel Duff is in Los Angeles with her parents Stephanie and Dana. They've travelled more than 2,000 miles (3,218km) from their home in Canton, Ohio to be at the Twilight: Eclipse world premiere.
- Another Twilight fan holds up a Team Edward poster. The Twi-Hards face a few cold nights before they even get to catch a glimpse of the stars and then a possible stampede to get space behind the railings.
- These Twilight fans seem torn between whether to support Team Edward or Team Jacob. The main stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner aren't due at the UK premiere though on Thursday 1 July.
- Katherine Ramirez, 14, is from Rancho Cucamonga in California and is also a member of Team Edward. Fans camping out in Nokia Plaza can pass the time by reading or watching the Eclipse trailer on a nearby big screen.
- Twilight: Eclipse is out in UK cinemas on Friday 9 July and continues the story of 18-year-old Bella Swan as she and boyfriend Edward try to find out if a series of murders in Seattle are linked with vampires.
- Many fans have brought their special Twilight towels and blankets with them. Stephanie Meyer's fourth and final Twilight book, Breaking Dawn, is being split into two films. The first is set for release on 18 November 2011.