Cheryl Cole joins Christine Bleakley at Glamour Awards
Page last updated at 09:58 GMT, Wednesday, 9 June 2010 10:58 UK
- Cheryl Cole won the top prize at this year's Woman Of The Year Awards in London. The Girls Aloud singer, 26, said it was a dream come true: "Four or five years ago I'd never dreamt I'd be here amongst so may glamorous women."
- One Show host Christine Bleakley bagged presenter of the year. Pregnant X Factor judge Dannii Minogue won TV personality of the year, but wasn't at the ceremony. She sent a video message from Australia, where she's filming Australia's Got Talent.
- Florence And The Machine took the band of the year title. Gavin and Stacey star Ruth Jones won comedy actress of the year, with Rob Brydon picking it up on her behalf.
- Alexandra Burke was named best newcomer. John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono won an outstanding contribution award with sportswoman of the year going to Amy Williams, who won Britain's first solo Winter Olympics gold medal for 30 years.
- Radio 1 DJ Fearne Cotton was named radio personality of the year. Other award winners included Twilight actress Anna Kendrick and Tipping the Velvet writer Sarah Waters. Lea Michele from Glee won US TV actress of the year.
- Star Trek actor Sir Patrick Stewart presented the film actress of the year award to Avatar actress Zoe Saldana.
- Secret Diary Of A Call Girl star Billie Piper won UK TV actress of the year. Up and coming actor Aaron Johnson (John Lennon in the film Nowhere Boy) won man of the year, which was presented by Doctor Who star Karen Gillan.
- Lily Allen bagged an award for solo artist of the year, presented by Tinie Tempah. She had to wipe away a few tears on stage: "I will always find it hard to accept that people love what I do, so thank you."
- Abigail Clancy was at the awards without boyfriend Peter Crouch. He's preparing to appear in the World Cup with England. They begin their campaign against USA in South Africa on Saturday 12 June.
- Karen Gillan presented Aaron Johnson with his man of the year award. Johnson's pregnant fiancee Sam Taylor-Wood, who directed him in Nowhere Boy, won filmmaker of the year.
- Pixie Geldof was also at the event in London's Berkeley Square Gardens.
- Diana Vickers, Pixie Lott and Duffy all looked glamorous at the ceremony. The awards are voted for by readers of Glamour magazine and website, with 50,000 votes cast this year.
- Host James Corden (left) and Star Trek actor Patrick Stewart shocked people at the ceremony by having a go at each other on stage. Dizzee Rascal and Nick Jonas also turned up.
- Nicole Richie (left), who has a clothing line, was presented with the entrepreneur of the year title by tycoon and Topshop owner Sir Philip Green.