Stars turn out for charity comedy gala
Page last updated at 12:04 GMT, Wednesday, 31 March 2010 13:04 UK
- Christine Bleakley looks glam at a star-studded comedy charity gala hosted by Channel Four at London's 02 Arena. The presenter also did her own stand-up routine.
- Gavin and Stacey stars Ruth Jones and James Corden were also there to do a sketch. The event was held in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital for sick children.
- Rob Brydon, another Gavin and Stacey favourite, has a laugh at the ceremony. Brydon is working on a project with Steve Coogan. He said: "We've just been shooting The Trip in the Lake District. It's he and I going round reviewing restaurants."
- Jonathan Ross made fun of his Film 2010 successor Claudia Winkleman as he helped host the event. Ross joked: "It's great to be here but the way my career's going, it's great to be anywhere. I had to get here quick before Claudia Winkleman stepped in."
- Lee Evans picked up a lifetime achievement award from fellow comic Jack Dee. Evans ended up auctioning off the award to a member of the audience for £5,000.
- Alex Reid and Katie Price introduced stand-up comic Michael McIntyre to the stage but the pair got quite a few boos from the audience.
- Michael McIntyre joked that Reid's middle name was "can't", which prompted the cage fighter and Big Brother winner to chase the comedian across the stage. He's keeping busy with a comedy roadshow in August and is writing a book.
- Alan Carr looks happy to be in the company of so many great comedians. Carr bizarrely emerged from a wheelie bin during his routine. Others performing on the night included Noel Fielding, Bill Bailey, Omid Djalili and David Mitchell.
- Bill Bailey had a laugh with Kevin Eldon, of Big Train fame. Bailey appears in the new Nanny McPhee film. He said it was great fun: "It's very different from doing stand-up because you're part of a gang. Stand-up's quite a solitary profession."
- Patrick Kielty also did a turn on stage, although his close-to-the-bone joke about Michael Jackson may not go down well with some fans. The Comedy Gala will be broadcast on Channel 4 on Easter Monday at 9pm.