In pictures: Doctor Who props to be auctioned in London
Page last updated at 10:57 GMT, Wednesday, 24 February 2010
- A range of Doctor Who props and memorabilia are up for sale at Bonham's auction house in London today. It's thought to be the biggest ever sale of collectables from the show.
- The items on sale include a couple of daleks from the 1980s. They're expected to go for between £2,000 to £7,000 each. However, in 2005 Bonhams sold an older dalek for £30,000.
- This costume was worn by Kylie Minogue when she appeared in the 2007 Christmas special, Village of the Damned. Other outfits like David Tennant's dinner suit and Billie Piper's pyjamas will also go under the hammer.
- Another Doctor Who icon - the Cyberman - is also up for sale. As well as this one, there are also two examples of 'destroyed Cybermen' captured in the moment of being killed.
- This frightful looking mask belongs to The Malus. Auctioneers say the most popular item at the sale could be another mask. It's of a character called Sharaz Jek that appeared in 1984 episode, The Caves of Androzani (voted the best ever episode by fans).
- This model is a Magma Beast - it also appeared in The Caves of Androzani episode. The two metre tall mask and body suit is made from painted foam latex and fibreglass. It's likely to go for between £1,200 to £1,600.
- Stephanie Connell from Bonhams says there's a broad range of people interested in Doctor Who memorabilia, from die-hard fans to corporate clients wanting to liven up their office. Pictured here: a Pirate Captain costume and a Mara Snake effigy.