The Newsbeat iPad hits the streets
Page last updated at 16:32 GMT, Thursday, 28 January 2010
- Newsbeat makes its own version of the iPad - a picture of it stuck to a mousemat. We had to improvise because it's not available in the UK until spring. It's a cross between an iPhone and a laptop. Want do people think?
- Katie from Farnborough: "I think it's a really good idea, but I don't think I'd ever have one. I'm not important enough. I wouldn't have anything to put on it."
- Adam from Denton: "It's big enough for watching a movie, but I wouldn't buy it. I'm not into iPods. I like my laptop too much."
- Alison from Oxford: "I think it doesn't look particularly attractive because it's quite big. I have an Amazon Kindle (e-book reader), so I'm quite biased."
- Greg James, Radio 1 DJ: "I've got an iPhone, but I don't really see the point. I'm sure it'll be really successful, but if I'm going to read a book I would like to actually physically read the book."