Stars step out for NRJ Music Awards
Page last updated at 11:49 GMT, Monday, 25 January 2010
- There was controversy at the event after Black Eyed Peas were mistakenly declared best international group. The prize was actually won by German band Tokio Hotel. Last year Katy Perry was also wrongly given the trophy for best international song.
- Twenty-two-year-old US singer Kesha joined the likes of Kelly Rowland, Pharrell Williams, model Victoria Silvstedt and Dita Von Teese at the ceremony in Cannes. She was on stage as Black Eyed Peas were wrongly announced as best international group.
- Rihanna performed Russian Roulette, the lead single off her latest album at the ceremony. She also won international female artist of the year. The awards have been held for the past 11 years.
- British star Robbie Williams was also there to receive his international male artist of the year award in person. He also won another prize, the NRJ award of honour, jointly with Beyonce. Lady Gaga was chosen as international revelation of the year.
- Mika wore a bow tie to the event, which was set up to promote French music. Other categories at the awards include Francophone revelation of the year and six others based around France. Jay-Z also turned up to perform Empire State Of Mind.