UK premiere for sci-fi movie Avatar
Page last updated at 09:25 GMT, Friday, 11 December 2009
- The cast of sci-fi movie Avatar came together for the world premiere in London. The 3D movie is set in the 22nd century where humanoids live on a planet called Pandora but because they can't breath the air they have created avatars to explore it.
- It's the first movie James Cameron has directed since Titanic and is thought to have cost more than £123m to make. He said: "I like to be the first at things. I like to get a good team around me… and show people things they haven’t seen before."
- Zoe Saldana, who's also appeared in Star Trek and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, plays the character Neytiri in the movie.
- Terminator Salvation's Sam Worthington said Cameron had changed his life: "I was the bricklayer from Perth who had the fortune to do movies in Australia. He was the one who backed me and got me in the big game playing with the big boys."
- Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodrguez pose together. Weaver said of Cameron: "This is so much his movie. He created the cameras, the characters everything. He was just having such a good time on set. This is the land of Jim."
- Simon Pegg wrapped up against the cold in Leicester Square. He's recently finished working on The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn and the sequel to Star Trek in which he plays Scotty.
- Boxing stars Joe Calzaghe and David Haye - who recently became WBA heavyweight champion after his defeat of Nikolay Valuev - were also there.