Ellie Goulding wins a Brit Award
- 9 December 2009
- From the section Music
Ellie Goulding has followed in the footsteps of Adele and Florence And The Machine by winning the Brits Critics' Choice Award 2010.
The 22-year-oldnewcomer will perform at the Brit Awards nomination announcement ceremony at London's IndigO2 on 18 January and pick up her prize at the Brits ceremony in February.
Manchester dance-pop trio Delphic were runners-up in the competition chosen by a panel of industry experts, with Marina & The Diamonds in third place.
On news of the announcement Ellie Goulding said: "When I found out, I had a little squeal, I had a little cry, and I had a little fall down! I didn't believe it at first, but now that it's sunk in I am delighted and utterly honoured to have been given this award."
Goulding, who only released her debut single Under The Sheets in November is currently working on her debut album with producer Starsmith.
After winning this year's award Florence and The Machine had the UK's best selling debut album of the year until she was recently surpassed by JLS and Susan Boyle.
- Introducing…Ellie Goulding
- Ellie Goulding announces her first headline tour
- Introducing... Delphic
- Marina unveils The Family Jewels
- Rihanna announces UK arena tour
- Biffy Clyro announce new UK tour
- Dizzee heads home to headline festival
- Pink and Tings Tings play Hyde Park
- Shakira gives Oxford uni address
- Courteeners name new LP and tour
- Weezer singer hurt in bus crash