Katy Perry's MTV award outfits
Page last updated at 07:54 GMT, Friday, 6 November 2009
- I Kissed A Girl singer Katy Perry has hosted this year's MTV Europe music awards in Berlin managing to change into at least 10 costumes while handing out the top prizes. She arrived in a fairly normal cocktail dress before putting on a variety of clothes.
- The 25-year-old, who's going out with Russell Brand, even managed one costume change on the red carpet before the event. On Wednesday she said her relationship with the British comedian was "something special" that they wanted to keep away from the media.
- Katy Perry presented one of the awards sat on a trapeze. She was hosting the award ceremony for the seoncd year in a row. Last year she hosted the event in Liverpool and famously sat on a massive cherry chapstick to sing her hit, I Kissed A Girl.
- She also wore a dress with two massive holes through the middle and side. At the awards Beyonce was the big winner taking home three gongs. The singer, writer and producer took home awards for best female, song (Halo) and video (Single Ladies).
- Katy Perry then sat in an oversized high heel for a burlesque number. Apparently her costumes were inspired by Liza Minnelli's Oscar-winning performance in 1972 film, Cabaret, which was based on a book about decadence in 1930's Berlin.
- There was yet another outfit for an award presentation with Foo Fighters' front man Dave Grohl. His band performed Wheels and All My Life at the event, held in Germany's capital city to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
- And there was another basque-style top from Katy Perry later in the awards ceremony. She set the tone for the awards, asking the crowd: "Are you feeling sexy, Berlin?" Other winners at the ceremony included Eminem (best male) and U2 (best live act).
- Katy Perry even managed another different outfit at the MTV Europe aftershow party. Other celebrities presenting awards included David Hasselhoff, Lil' Kim, heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitschko, Jonas Brothers, Backstreet Boys and David Guetta.