In pictures: Strictly's new stars
Page last updated at 11:39 GMT, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 12:39 UK
- Natalie Cassidy is instantly recognisable as EastEnders character Sonia Fowler. She's partnered with Vincent Simone who last year made it all the way to the final with Rachel Stevens. Natalie says she's "in it to win it!"
- Ali Bastian, who plays PC Sally Armstrong in The Bill, is one of eight female celebrities taking part. She'll be dancing with Brian Fortuna and says she can't wait to wear all the glamorous frocks.
- Wimbledon-winner Martina Hingis is one of the sports stars to compete this year and will be dancing with Matthew Cutler. She said: "I should be good with the training as I am used to working very hard for many hours to perfect my sport."
- Olympic athlete Jade Johnson will be pairing up with Ian Waite who made it to week 10 last year with Jodie Kidd. Jade says she once appeared as a mystery guest on A Question Of Sport as Beyonce and that experience almost put her off.
- Zoe Lucker is one of two Footballers' Wives stars to appear this year. She's paired with James Jordan and says of dancing: "I just find the whole thing excruciating. I'll have to get over that if I'm to make an impression on the show this year!"
- The other Footballers' Wives actress to take on the tango will be Laila Rouass who played schemer Amber Gates. She'll be dancing with ladies' favourite Anton Du Beke and says however far she goes she just wants to enjoy the journey.
- You might remember Lynda Bellingham best for her role as the mum in the OXO ads, but she's also been in The Bill, Holby City and Doctor Who. Nowadays she's a panellist on ITV's Loose Women. Her partner will be Darren Bennett.
- Model and eco queen Jo Wood completes the female line up. She married Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood in 1985. She'll be paired with Brendan Cole, who made it through to the final with Lisa Snowdon last year.
- Boxing legend Joe Calzaghe is Britain's only undefeated world champion. He''ll be partnered with Kristina Rihanoff and says taking part in the show is all about following a dream but admits he has two left feet.
- Flying the flag for the male soap stars is EastEnders actor Ricky Groves who is best know for playing unlucky-in-love Gary Hobbs. He will be paired with Erin Boag and has wanted to learn to dance since he saw Saturday Night Fever.
- Hollyoaks badboy Ricky Whittle has also tried his hand at modelling and was scouted by Arsenal and Celtic before his acting career began. His partner is newcomer Natalie Lowe and he says he can't wait to get started on the Latin dances.
- Craig Kelly is used to the attentions of the ladies of Weatherfield as Luke Strong in Coronation Street. He says he's been a fan of Strictly for years and can't wait for the challenge. He's dancing with Flavia Cacace.
- Richard Dunwoody MBE is one of Britain's most famous jockeys – and the first to take to the Strictly dance floor. He was partnered with Desert Orchid on the racetrack but on Strictly he'll be dancing with Lilia Kopylova.
- Chris Hollins is usually seen trying out all sorts of random sports or reporting on the latest signings on BBC Breakfast News. He's dancing with Ola Jordan but says his dream is to meet all time hero Bruce Forsyth.
- Cricket legend Phil Tufnell is no stranger to life in front of the camera, having won the second series of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here. He's also on The One Show and A Question of Sport. He'll be dancing with newcomer Katya Virshilas.
- TV presenter Rav Wilding is probably best known for his stints on Crimewatch and The One Show. He's dancing with another newcomer – Aliona Vilani – and says his biggest worry is having a wardrobe malfunction.