Stars out for RockCorps reward gig
Page last updated at 08:28 GMT, Tuesday, 14 July 2009 09:28 UK
- Lady Gaga was amongst a host of stars to perform in front of 3,000 people at a special RockCorps gig in Manchester. The fans didn't pay for their tickets, they were a reward for four hours of voluntary work.
- Lady Gaga told Newsbeat about her press image: "I don't really pay attention to what people think of me. Mostly in today's media culture there's not many women that say what's on their mind and I always say what I'm thinking."
- VV Brown spoke about being a hotly tipped new British talent: "It's great. I try and hide away from many of the prophetic things that have been said about 09 and the sound of 09 and just get on with my music."
- Fazer from N-Dubz spoke after their Manchester Apollo performance about a possible collaboration with Mr Hudson: "I heard he's a very talented guy, saw what he did with Kanye as well and [I'm] feeling that."
- The Enemy said they were glad to get involved with the project: "It teaches a good lesson, actually working for something and putting stuff back." A follow up for 5,000 volunteers is planned at the Royal Albert Hall in September.