Senior figures in Congress urge the US president to send lethal defensive weapons to Ukraine in its fight against pro-Russian rebels.
- Nato readjusts as Ukraine crisis looms
- Viewpoint: What West must do
- What caused Ukraine conflict?
- Minsk ceasefire deal
Parliamentarians in Poland will be offered military training because of fears that the war in Ukraine could spread to neighbouring countries.
Other Top Stories
German intelligence tackles a flood after taps are mysteriously removed at its unfinished HQ in Berlin, in a scandal dubbed 'Watergate'.
A top Brussels official in charge of slimming down EU regulations, Frans Timmermans, vows to keep the EU focused on priority areas.
More from Europe
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Elderly, widowed, her home destroyed03:13
- Key role of Ukraine's 'steel city' 02:48
- Prince's call to end ivory trade02:03
- Grim remains of MH17 shown02:33
- Chinese treasures stolen in France01:27
- National pride in Ukraine school01:42
- Varoufakis: Repaying IMF is priority00:56
- Ukraine's PM warns of 'tough reforms'02:23
Features & Analysis
Child migrants live in limbo on Italian island of Lampedusa
Nepotism row over top French arts job
Should Klimt painting go back to heirs of original Jewish owners?
Italian MPs urged to use feminine titles
What lies behind Nobel Peace chairman's demotion?
Online video of children shocks France
Why Russian imperialism is good - according to a viral video
Turkish Airlines plane skids off runway at Nepal airport
Why Ukraine's mines are so dangerous - in 90 seconds
A murder in an atmosphere of hatred and intolerance
The lost property shop stuffed with diamonds, bikes... and a leg
Seeing a new world at hit Brussels exhibition