BBC China editor Carrie Gracie looks at what's made news this week, including a food scandal, rail expansion and a colourful outburst from Pyongyang.
Media analyse China's defence capabilities after the country's successful test of an anti-missile system.
Beijing's 10-yearly leadership handover
- China meat 'months' past expiry date01:52
- China orchestra in Proms for first time02:10
- Zambia's dynamic Chinese romance02:26
- Kunming attack: Victims on all sides02:57
- At sea in disputed South China waters01:03
- Concerns over China property slowdown01:56
- Ancient Chinese town under water00:49
- Shanghai may host Brics bank01:34
Features & Analysis
Digesting China's latest food scandal
The Japanese island looking to China for brides
Can China make Party mistresses a thing of the past?
Women whose feet were bound in China
Vietnam's coast guard celebrates as China pulls oil rig
How the Kunming attack devastated one family
The arrest of a 'rock-star' Chinese TV presenter
Explore the BBC
Sir Chris Hoy reveals how he became Britain's greatest ever Olympian