New Orleans Bourbon Street shooting: Man questioned
A man named as one of two "persons of interest" over a shooting on a famed New Orleans street has handed himself in to police, local officials say.
Justin Odom was interviewed by police on Wednesday and held on charges unrelated to the shooting, they added.
The shooting on Sunday morning on Bourbon Street killed one person and injured nine.
Police said it took place when two young men quarrelled and opened fire on each other, wounding the bystanders.
Police released a photo of Mr Odom on Wednesday, saying he and another man were "persons of interest" in the shooting.
On Wednesday night, local government spokesman Tyler Gamble said Mr Odom had turned himself in and been interviewed by police.
"Following the interview, Odom was arrested and booked on unrelated warrants... outstanding traffic attachments and a shoplifting warrant," Mr Gamble said in quotes carried by Louisiana newspaper The Advocate.
The other "person of interest" was described by police as "a white male named either 'Josh' or 'Joe'".'Cowardly young men'
Earlier on Wednesday, Louisiana State Police Superintendent Mike Edmonson said that one of the 10 people shot in the violence had died.
The deceased victim was a 21-year-old woman from Hammond, Louisiana.
Three remain in hospital following the weekend shooting, all in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
Police initially said nine people had been wounded, but added a 10th victim after a man told a neighbouring police district he had been shot.
New Orleans Police Chief Ronal Serpas laid the blame on "two cowardly young men trying to hurt each other".
Authorities have not yet ascertained if the incident was gang-related.
On Monday, police released a surveillance video of a person of interest, appealing to the public for help identifying him.'Bodies everywhere'
Witnesses described a chaotic scene of people diving for cover into bars, nightclubs and storefronts along the crowded street.
"There were bodies everywhere," bystander Alexis Primeaux told The Times-Picayune.
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu promised a swift police response.
"Our number one priority is to keep New Orleans safe," he wrote in a statement.
It is the third major shooting along the city's popular street in the last three years.
In 2011, one person was killed and seven injured after two gunmen opened fire on each other.