Second Boston bomber suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev arrested
The teenage suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings is in custody after being found hiding in a boat in a suburban homeowner's backyard.
Police said they exchanged gunfire with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, after cornering him in Watertown, near Boston. He had evaded police for four days after Monday's attacks, which left three people dead and more than 170 injured.
Jubilant crowds cheered police when the news was announced.
Ian Pannell reports.
- Witness describes Boston gun battle02:03
- Boston Muslims on suspects02:17
- Suspect 'became very religious'01:31
- Thermal images show boat01:07
- Relatives at odds on 'loser' nephews01:54
- 'Chechnya problem' in 99 seconds01:39
- Should suspect have rights read?01:41
- 30 seconds of silence for Boston00:57
- Brother 'infrequent visitor' at Mosque00:44