Los Alamos fire near nuclear lab
This dramatic shot of the major fire in New Mexico close to the Los Alamos nuclear facility was taken from the International Space Station. From a height of some 235 miles the image was captured on 27 June and shows the blaze in the Jemez Mountains of the Santa Fe National Forest in New Mexico
Features & Analysis
- Bangladesh 'hangs Islamist leader'
- Mandela interpreter firm 'vanishes'
- Jupiter's moon has 'plumes of water'
- Australia court bans gay marriage
- Cave holds stunning tsunami clues
- Weinsteins sue Warner over Hobbit
- Bots 'take up 61% of net traffic'
- Icelandic bank bosses jailed
- Spain to block Catalonia referendum
- The revenge porn avengers
Elsewhere on the BBC
Is the Cadillac CTS the Germans’ worst nightmare?
What next from the man who made and fired the first 3D-printed gun?