Production halted on Charlie Sheen sitcom after remarks
- 25 February 2011
- From the section US & Canada
Production of Two and A Half Men has been halted after remarks by the hit US series' star, Charlie Sheen.
Sheen slammed the programme's producer in a radio interview on Thursday.
The decision was based on the "totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition", Warner Bros Television studio and the CBS network said in a joint statement.
The 45-year-old actor has also appeared in the films Wall Street and Platoon.
Production of the show had been postponed since late January after Charlie Sheen, the son of Hollywood actor Martin Sheen, entered rehabilitation for reported drug and alcohol abuse.
The actor's publicist had said earlier on Thursday that Two and a Half Men would resume production next week when Sheen had finished his rehabilitation.
But the statement by CBS and Warner Bros Television was issued after Sheen phoned into a US radio programme to criticise the programme's co-creator Chuck Lorre, as well as Alcoholics Anonymous.
The actor - one of America's highest-paid stars - was taken to hospital in Los Angeles with severe abdominal pains late last month before entering rehab.
He filed for divorce from his third wife, Brooke Mueller, in November, citing irreconcilable differences.
In late October 2009, Sheen was accused of causing damage to a hotel room in New York. After hotel security reported he was disorderly, the actor voluntarily went with authorities for a psychiatric evaluation.