- The Israeli military has begun a ground offensive against Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip
- It comes after a five-hour humanitarian truce between the two sides ended on Thursday
- Israel describes the move as a response to Hamas rocket fire. Hamas warns ground operation will have "dreadful consequences"
- Some 230 Palestinians and one Israeli have died in the nine days since Israel launched its Operation Protective Edge on 8 July
- Israel calls up another 18,000 reserve soldiers, bringing the total number of reservists called in since 8 July to 65,000
- All times in GMT.
- Mohamed Madi
- Sitala Peek
- Amber Dawson
Last updated 17 July 2014Share
Our live coverage has just started. We'll keep you updated as events unfold.