Venezuela top court rejects Capriles' election appeal
Venezuela's highest court has rejected an appeal by opposition leader Henrique Capriles against April's contested presidential election result.
The Supreme Court of Justice described the appeal as "inadmissible".
After the ruling Mr Capriles tweeted that there was a "lack of justice" in Venezuela.
Nicolas Maduro, Hugo Chavez's handpicked successor, won the election by less than 1.5 percentage points - about 200,000 votes.
The opposition alleged that the vote had been marred by fraud.
In June the Venezuelan National Electoral Commission (CNE) confirmed President Maduro's victory in an audit on millions of votes, but Mr Capriles denounced the audit as "a fake".
In her ruling on Wednesday, Justice Gladys Gutierrez said the opposition had not not offered "sufficient proof" to back up their allegations.
The 10-point appeal had been lodged by Mr Capriles, the opposition coalition and several citizens.
On Tuesday, Mr Capriles criticised the court's delay in making a ruling and said that he would take the case to "international bodies".
April's election was called after the death of President Chavez on 5 March following a long battle against cancer.