Guyana profile - Media
- 18 March 2016
- From the section Latin America & Caribbean
Guyanese newspapers are free to criticise the government, although journalists are apt to exercise self-censorship.
The government operates radio services and a TV channel. Private TV stations freely criticise the government.
There were 295,200 internet users by November 2015 (via Internetworldstats).
- Guyana Chronicle - government-owned daily
- Stabroek News - private daily
- Kaieteur News - private daily
- Weekend Mirror - private, published twice a week
- National Communications Network (NCN) TV (Channel 11) - state-owned
- National Communications Network (NCN)- state-owned, operates Voice of Guyana and Hot FM