'Poisoned' school meal kills three children in Peru
22 September 2011 Last updated at 12:13 BST
Three children have died and more than 50 others are seriously ill in Peru after eating a school meal contaminated with pesticide, officials say.
The children were being fed by a government nutrition programme for the poor, at a remote mountain village in the north of the country.
It is thought the meal of rice and fish was prepared in a container which may have previously held rat poison.
At least three adults have also been taken ill.
Jatinder Dhillon reports.