Harry Crossley named as man who died in St Saviour fire
- 20 May 2013
- From the section Jersey
An 86-year-old man who died in a fire at a Jersey housing development for older people has been named by police.
Harry Crossley died after a fire was caused by a faulty lamp in a lounge at Victoria Cottage Homes shortly before 07:00 BST on 14 May.
Jersey Police said a post mortem was yet to be carried out but there were no suspicious circumstances.
A spokesperson for the Viscount's Office said no date had been set for a coroner's inquest.
Mr Crossley's death was the first fire-related fatality in Jersey for five years, according to the Jersey Fire and Rescue Service station commander Marc Le Cornu.