Fire in cars on Jersey driveway prompts home evacuation
Two homes in St Brelade were evacuated when a fire broke out overnight in two cars parked on a driveway.
Jersey Fire and Rescue Service watch commander Chris Love said the two cars had been well alight, close to neighbouring properties.
He praised the quick actions of those involved, who called the fire service at the earliest opportunity and immediately evacuated the homes.
Mr Love said the blaze had been brought under control very quickly.
He said both properties had been inspected but there was no internal smoke or fire damage.
Jersey's fire service said: "There were no suspicious circumstances and it would appear that the fire started from an electrical fault within the engine compartment of one of the vehicles."