High risk of house fires in December: Jersey Fire Service

  • 25 December 2011
  • From the section Jersey

People in Jersey are being warned to be more aware of fire risks at home.

Community Fire Safety Officer, Phil Falle, said electrical problems, such as overloaded plug sockets, and candles, cause more house fires in December than in any other month.

He said: "We want everyone to have a happy Christmas but would like to remind people to be careful.

"Please take the time to test your smoke alarms and please follow our Christmas fire safety tips."

The tips include making sure candles are never left burning unattended and to keep decorations away from lights and heaters.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites