Three taken to hospital after Manx hotel chemical leak

Three people have been taken to hospital after a "chemical spillage" in a swimming pool at an island hotel.

The Manx Fire and Rescue Service said crews attended an incident at the Mount Murray at about 08:00 BST on Tuesday.

It happened in the leisure area of the hotel and, according to a spokesman, involved a mix-up in a routine chemical preparation for the swimming pool.

He added that three people were taken to Noble's hospital "suffering from the effects of chlorine gas inhalation".

None of the injuries were serious.

"The area was made safe and ventilated before members of the public were allowed back into the area," continued the fire spokesman.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Isle of Man

Weather

Douglas

Min. Night 12 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.