Dog killed in Isle of Man house fire
- 4 April 2013
- From the section Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin
The Isle of Man fire service has issued a safety warning after a pet dog died in a house fire.
The emergency services were called out at about 14:30 BST to a family home on the outskirts of Peel.
There were no other casualties in the fire which started in the kitchen, leaving the room "severely damaged".
A fire and rescue spokesman said: "We cannot emphasize strongly enough the importance of having a working smoke alarm fitted in the home."