Three charged over Dutch linesman Richard Nieuwenhuizen death
A judge in the Netherlands has charged three youths with manslaughter, assault and public violence in connection with the death of a linesman on Monday.
Richard Nieuwenhuizen collapsed and fell into a coma after he was attacked by three teenagers playing against his son's football team, Buitenboys.
The three have been detained for two weeks as the investigation continues.
Two 15 year olds face up to one year in detention if convicted. A 16 year old would face a two-year sentence.
Richard Nieuwenhuizen was attacked at the end of a junior club match on Sunday, sustaining a barrage of punches and kicks.
He got up and went home but collapsed that evening and died the following day.
The exact circumstances of the attack have yet to be established.
The Dutch Football Association has cancelled all amateur games this weekend as a mark of respect for Richard Nieuwenhuizen.
A minute's silence will be observed at professional matches.
But Ronald Koeman, the head coach of one of the country's leading clubs, Feyenoord, said it would have been better if professional matches had been cancelled as well.
"Perhaps professional football should have joined this statement," he told a Dutch radio programme.
"I think that would have made the statement sink in deeper. You don't just see this in football. I think that it's a big problem in society with the upbringing of the youth of today,"
The Buitenboys football club will hold a silent march in Mr Nieuwenhuizen's memory on Sunday.
At the request of his family, only club members and invited guests will be allowed to participate.