Gas leak blamed for German workshop fire

Help

A fire which killed 14 people on Monday at a workshop for disabled people in south-western Germany was the fault of a gas leak, investigators say.

An inquiry into possible charges of manslaughter by negligence has been opened into the blaze, in the Black Forest town of Titisee-Neustadt.

The centre, where disabled people were working on ornaments for Christmas markets, is run by the Caritas charity. Police say all 14 people who died have now been identified.

Imogen Foulkes reports.

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.