Europe

Man critical after Halloween costume catches fire

  • 1 November 2012
  • From the section Europe

A man in his 20s is in a critical condition in hospital after his Halloween costume caught fire at a nightclub in Galway city on Wednesday night.

The man was taken to University College Hospital, Galway, with severe burns.

Elsewhere, a 12-year-old boy suffered second-degree burns to his face, neck and hands after a firework exploded in his face in Tallaght, south Dublin.

In a separate incident, a woman in her 20s was injured after an explosion at a bonfire in Tallaght.