Spanish duke Inaki Urdangarin to appear before judge
The son-in-law of Spain's King Juan Carlos has been summoned to appear before a judge over allegations of corruption.
A court in Palma, Majorca, has summoned the Duke of Palma, Inaki Urdangarin, to appear on 6 February.
The duke, married to Princess Cristina, is being investigated over claims he misused public funds given to a foundation he ran.
The former Olympic handball player has denied any wrongdoing.
In the wake of the accusations, the Spanish royal family on Wednesday made its accounts publicly available.'Regrets'
Exact details of the accusations against the duke have not been made public.
However, Spanish media have said he is accused of misdirecting part of some 6m euros (£5m: $8m) sent to his not-for-profit Noos Institute by regional governments to organise sporting events.
It is alleged that some of the money ended up in companies that he ran. The events in question happened in 2004 to 2006 and the duke stepped down as head of the institute in 2006.
While denying any wrongdoing, the 43-year-old duke has said he regrets the "damage" caused.
Earlier this month, a spokesman for the duke said he had agreed with the palace not to take part in official duties while investigations continued.
The Spanish royal family responded to the allegations against the duke by announcing it would make available a full breakdown of its annual budget.
The palace said that the release of royal budget figures on Wednesday was in the spirit of transparency and modern times.