An EU report urges more action to protect soils and biodiversity, though there have been big gains from anti-pollution measures, Roger Harrabin reports.
Ukrainian, Russian, French and German leaders agree to send observers to areas of Ukraine where truce violations are reported, Kiev says.
The European Commission says it is trying to maintain EU unity after Greece accused Spain and Portugal of conspiring against it in bailout talks.
- UK and France urge reform02:42
- EU poll results in graphics01:16
- Merkel 'regrets' far-right success00:28
- Far-right victory divides France02:42
- Hollande on Eurosceptics00:27
- Limiting EU freedom of movement?03:17
- Inside the European Commission01:32
- Putting MEPs in their political armies02:44
- How the European Parliament works01:31
- European elections explained01:03
- How the EU Council works01:30
- How EU diplomatic service works01:30
- The life cycle of an EU law01:43
- How the EU budget is decided 01:44
- 'Our man in Brussels'02:21
Making sense of the EU
Features & Analysis
How the EU is coping with irregular migrants
What are migrants living in another EU country entitled to?
Rules governing movement of people in EU
Key issues explored following EU's biggest election yet
Video tour behind the scenes at EU institutions
Will Juncker's new EU fund lure investors?
Eurosceptic surge and other election landmarks
The big issues in Europe's election - in stark detail
Losing European identity in crisis-hit Greece
Twitter Q&A on EU with Europe editor Gavin Hewitt
What has the European Parliament ever done for us?
Why Britain has such a rocky relationship with the EU
Six MEPs give their opinions on the EU’s priorities