Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
Trying to get into Europe from Morocco
How New Zealand reacted to William, Kate - and George
Why BBC Two's launch was not all right on the night
Would this dessert taste different on a black plate?
What are the mysterious radio 'numbers stations'?
- M26 closed as lorries and car crash
- Marathon runner's family 'shocked'
- Many missing as S Korea ferry sinks
- Beard trend 'guided by evolution'
- Ukraine military column 'disarmed'
- Youth club 'to auction' Banksy art
- Paul Weller wins damages from Mail
- Police probe Ed Balls car prang
- Nasa rover touches down on Mars
- Galaxy S5 fingerprint sensor hacked