Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
Is this the world’s most dangerous journey?
The woman saving girls from the 'cutting season'
The real stories that look like April Fools
Why is Cecil Rhodes such a controversial figure?
Baldrick's rotten borough and other remarkable constituencies
- Holborn electrical fire causes mass evacuation
- John Lennon's first wife Cynthia dies from cancer
- April Fool's Day: 10 stories that look like pranks but aren't
- Scunthorpe couple win £1m EuroMillions lottery twice
- Germanwings crash video 'must be handed to investigators'
- Joni Mitchell in 'intensive care' in Los Angeles hospital
- McDonald's to raise wages for 90,000 US employees
- Election 2015: Bosses' letter backing Tories fuels business battle
- Nine Britons held on Turkey-Syria border
- IS militants 'enter Yarmouk refugee camp' in Syrian capital