Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
My agony at discovering father of my child was undercover cop
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
Could you switch off all your devices for 25 hours?
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
- EU agrees to budget talks after £1.7bn cash demand on UK
- Eleven arrested over rape of woman in Liverpool
- Rubber bullets used on Everton 'rioters' in Lille, say police
- Met pays £425,000 to mother of undercover policeman's child
- British woman dies in operation in Thailand, officials say
- 'Scrap ban' on term-time holidays
- The day UFOs stopped play
- UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to European Union budget
- Scotland to reduce drink-drive limit
- GDP rises by 0.7% in third quarter