Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
Why did an East German writer move to an English coastal town?
Why it's better to look to artists than politicians for life's answers
Tibetan couple's wedding snaps captivate China
How the first selfie stick was mocked as a 'useless invention'
Breathing poison in the world's most polluted city
- Poland fury at Holocaust comment by FBI's James Comey
- Election 2015: Farage accuses PM over migrant deaths
- Victim's daughter Rachelle Owen killed by train
- Boy, 15, held after McDonald's incident in Carmarthen
- IS releases new 'killing' video of Ethiopian Christians
- The wedding photos that captivated China
- Mediterranean migrant deaths: EU faces renewed pressure
- Trafalgar Square lion fall woman taken to hospital
- Jeremy Clarkson recalls cancer scare before Top Gear 'fracas'
- South Africa anti-immigrant violence: Hundreds held