Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
Tales from the days when British diplomats ran the Gulf
How safe is it to eat mouldy food?
Why being over 40 makes you the perfect entrepreneur
The people who buy and then cancel student debt
How a government minister sought relief for a country in crisis
- Mike Read withdraws UKIP Calypso song
- Django Unchained actress faces lewd conduct charge
- Legal challenge launched over abuse inquiry chair
- Indian girl, 3, 'raped' in Bangalore school
- Debt campaigners tear up student loans
- Islamic State: US probes 'stray Syria air drop' in IS video
- Bali murder victim from UK killed on orders of wife, police say
- Terror suspect held over Syria investigation
- How safe is mouldy food to eat?
- S Club 7 reunite for Children in Need