Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
Where does the phrase 'boots on the ground' come from?
Beaten and raped - the story of an African servant in Saudi Arabia
Did this drawing mark the start of a misunderstood hobby?
The start-ups hoping to transform the marijuana industry
Experts on ways to encourage children to look after their teeth
- Pupils' images on teacher's computer
- Muslim NFL player's 'prayer penalty'
- Virgin asks for football TV inquiry
- Thousands flock to 'anti-Facebook'
- Cold Calling: The victim who fought back
- Ebay to split off PayPal business
- Spider-bite bug 'like horror film'
- Mirror apology over women's pictures
- Has Britain fallen out of love with lager?
- The death of shame