Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
Meet New Zealand's next big musical exports
How an artist created a vast verbal map of Berlin
Keeping cyber thieves' paws off your data
Wealth and growing inequality in Indonesian capital Jakarta
Commonwealth Games streamed live to a virtual reality headset.
- Appeal over CBBC actor's killing
- Bieber posts photo of Bloom 'crying'
- Cast 'didn't want' Inbetweeners 2
- Giraffe dies after 'hitting bridge'
- Goalkeepers' penalty 'flaw' revealed
- Artist quits school after 1D success
- Technique turns bodies 'see-through'
- Three Britons die in Croatia crash
- Israel and Hamas 'agree new truce'
- Therapies hope for major DNA project