Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
The Briton who drove a truck bomb into a prison
The minority who disagree with Putin's actions in Crimea
Meet the Britons who have upped sticks and settled in Bulgaria
Four lives that have been transformed by www
A kidney stone, a head louse egg and bright pink agricultural sludge
- Missing plane 'not tracked to west'
- US death row man free after 26 years
- Australia 'to stick' with flag
- Major blackout hits Australia city
- Turkey braces for coma boy's funeral
- Living in the poorest part of the EU
- Russia 'refuses to talk to Ukraine'
- Rapper Green on drink-driving charge
- Hampden athletics venue unveiled
- New-look iPlayer unveiled by BBC