Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
Why people who once had good jobs are living in despair
Do dairy farmers really make a loss on milk?
Why Ireland's heroine had sex in her baby son's tomb
Who smiles more - Dutch babies or US babies?
The highs and lows of the NFL season
- Benedict Cumberbatch in call to pardon convicted gay men
- IS chemical weapons expert killed, says US military
- Ireland's heroine who had sex in her baby's tomb
- No 'Grexit' from euro, EU's Moscovici vows
- Religious education classes 'needed' in schools
- Newspaper headlines: 'Torture' on British island, and Tasers plea
- The huddled masses besieging Fortress Calais
- Midnight deadline looms for tax returns
- Alan Barnes: Disabled mugging victim appeal raises £56k
- Army sets up new brigade 'for information age'