Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
What is the real meaning of Mongol?
On a journey charting the impact of the disease
Are food foragers 'annoying' or unfairly maligned?
My family was deported while I was at school
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children against polio
- London's Charing Cross station closed after fire on train
- Immigration target unlikely to be met, says Theresa May
- Bin lorry driver dies after South Queensferry pier crash
- Bomber 'kills 40' at Afghan volleyball match
- Coventry smash 'splits family's car in two'
- India tea workers kill owner in pay dispute in West Bengal
- UK terror threat: 'Up to five' plots stopped in 2014
- Internet data plan back on political agenda
- 'Boko Haram' kills 48 Nigerian fishermen near Chad
- The day her family wasn't there