Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
The girl with three biological parents
Does the UK still feel a sense of obligation towards Poles?
Where Islamic State finds support to become a formidable force
Chinese couples told to smile, but please hold your breath
Bangladesh's ship breakers face economic challenge
- Dad jailed for killing son's mugger
- Naked photos of celebrities leaked
- Shot TV host was to face grand jury
- Chocolate joke is Fringe 'funniest'
- 'Biggest ever attack' slows internet
- The girl with three biological parents
- Firework blast killed 'technicians'
- Grandad killed trying to flee bar
- 'Battle rages' near Ukraine airport
- Ashya parents in extradition hearing