Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
The conflict reporting of James Foley
The man who exposes the technology industry's secrets
A quiz on British history you can do in the car
The drunken monkey that smashed up a bar
How West Indians brought the Caribbean to Leeds
- Galileo satellites on wrong orbit
- Buying '£1,300 cheaper than renting'
- US anger at China 'air interception'
- Tardis toilet appears on cycle path
- BT warns of rise in phone bills
- MH370 search faces tough next phase
- Merkel in Ukraine as crisis mounts
- May pledges new anti-extremist laws
- Lennon killer denied parole again
- The king of the leakers