Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
'What I learned retracing the Hatton Garden thieves' footsteps'
The people who pimp, race and crash mobility scooters
The men who hunt huge prey with rowing boats and spears
Why good-looking runners attract more donations
The costumes and colour from the 35th London marathon
- Russia jails three women over twerking video at WW2 memorial
- Nepal earthquake: Newly-weds among Britons caught in disaster
- Nepal earthquake: Tent cities spring up for displaced
- Election 2015: Boris Johnson and Ed Miliband TV clash
- Nicola Sturgeon: Miliband 'will have to change tune' on SNP
- Nepal quake 'followed historic pattern'
- Harper Lee saves Mockingbird play from closure
- In pictures: London Marathon runners
- Election 2015: David Cameron - no 'lack of drive' in Conservative campaign
- Christopher May charged with the murder of Tracey Woodford