Tsunami: Before and after images
The coastal town of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000, was almost completely destroyed by the tsunami. Waves reached as high as the third floor of the city hall. It is not clear how many people survived. Use the slider to see satellite images of the town before and after the tsunami hit.
The coffin prank that frightened a girl to death
'Rising house prices left me high and dry - twice!'
Are authors or actors better at cricket?
Dogs get jealous, and nine more nuggets from the week's news
The man serving a life sentence for marijuana
- Rape case stopped as judge 'asleep'
- English councils propose 'Tesco tax'
- The tragic coffin prank
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- The man serving life for marijuana
- Russia angry at US 'smear campaign'
- Israel and Hamas 'agree short truce'
- Train delays after lightning strikes
- Weekendish: Sex and sports hybrids
- Dying man 'shocked to life' 31 times