Following communal riots than killed more than 40 in Burma in March, the BBC's Jonathan Head visits the town where it all began to examine the causes of the violence.
The BBC examines deadly consequences of religious and ethnic violence in Burma.
The BBC's Jonah Fisher examines whether Aung San Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy can adapt to the challenges of a new political era.
- Police footage shows violent Burma riots03:19
- Foreign investment 'key for Burma'01:23
- Major corporations move on Burma01:18
- The Kachin struggle for independence02:34
- Suu Kyi makes landmark broadcast00:28
- Profile of Aung San Suu Kyi02:36
- The moment Suu Kyi was freed02:05
- 2007: Protesters clash with police03:24
Features & Analysis
Grief and bitterness in violence-hit Rakhine state
Jonathan Head examines the reasons behind US President Barack Obama's trip
Burma's Shwe Mann rides wave of change
On putting her country before her family
Burma residents talk of their hope for the future
Burma gets a taste of election campaign fever