The single TV channel on Vanuatu was established with the help of Radio France Overseas (RFO) and broadcasts in French and English.
Radio Vanuatu runs a shortwave and mediumwave (AM) service, as well as a commercial FM station.
BBC World Service (99 MHz), Radio Australia, Radio France Internationale and China Radio International are available on FM.
There is a government newspaper, Vanuatu Weekly, and a handful of privately-owned papers.
There were 17,000 internet users by November 2008 (InternetWorldStats).
- Vanuatu Weekly - state-owned
- Nasara - private weekly
- Vanuatu Daily Post - published Monday-Saturday
- L'Hebdo Du Vanuatu - French-language, from publisher of Daily Post
- The Vanuatu Independent - private weekly
- Port Vila Presse - private weekly
- Ni-Vanuatu - private weekly
Television Blong Vanuatu - operated by state-owned Vanuatu Broadcasting and Television Corporation (VBTC)
- Radio Vanuatu - operated by state-owned VBTC
- Capital FM 107 - private, Port Vila
- Laef FM - Christian, Port Vila