DR Congo election: Joseph Kabila confirmed as winner
The Supreme Court of the Democratic Republic of Congo has confirmed incumbent Joseph Kabila as winner of presidential elections, despite opposition calls to cancel the vote.
Court President Jerome Kitoko said Mr Kabila had won 48.95% and was elected with a simple majority.
The US and EU have severely criticised the vote.
The court had to decide whether to validate the results by Friday, after rejecting opposition objections.
Lawyers for opposition candidate Vital Kamerhe, who got 7% of the vote, walked out of the court on Thursday, describing it as a "parody of justice".
Mr Kabila's main challenger, Etienne Tshisekedi, has rejected the result outright and declared himself president. Mr Kitoko said he had polled 32.33%.
Earlier this week, Mr Kabila admitted there had been mistakes in the election process.
But he rejected concerns that the results lacked credibility.
The US-based Carter Center, which sent observers to the election, said the vote was too flawed to be credible.
The US state department called for a review of irregularities and the EU described parts of the election process as "chaotic".
However, the African Union described the elections as a success.
The elections are the first Congolese-organised polls since the end of a devastating war in 2003 which left millions dead.
An earlier poll in 2006 was organised under the auspices of the United Nations.
Mr Kabila has been president since 2001 following the assassination of his father, Laurent and he is due to be sworn in on 20 December for his second term.